Thursday, June 27

Travelling Light

I was always one for spontaneous undertakings, but never one THIS spontaneous. I was already invited to go to Palawan with a bunch of friends but I declined because my budget couldn't stand another out of town trip after my Boracay, Kalanggaman, and Lifedance Soiree. My wallet was practically weeping. However, two days before the scheduled trip to Palawan my friend called me up and told me that there was a vacancy and that they’ll be helping me out with the expenses. Who wouldn't say YES to that?!

I packed my bags not knowing what to wear in Palawan because the weather was like a girl high on hormones. Threw some clothes, travel essentials, and a pair of bikinis in the bag and zipped it up.  I always travel light. Just one carry on and a tote, that’s it. In this trip though, I’m literally travelling light. Light bags, light wallet, and me in all my hundred-five-pound glory. I’m up for an adventure.


My expectations weren't extraordinary, because I didn't have time to research and plan my itinerary. So, when I arrived in Puerto Princesa, I was ecstatic! Nothing beats exploring a new patch of land with your closest friends. Stepping foot on El Nido was like a breath of fresh air. It was poles apart from the hustle and bustle of the metro.  I didn't mind the 5 hours of ass-wrenching drive or the rough road mayhem; this secluded sanctuary is a piece of paradise.




I’ll be blogging about the whole Palawan trip with all the boring details (itineraries and such), hopefully when my creative juices are flowing because I’m kind of having a dry spell (no pun intended).
This unexpected escape was undeniably, the highlight of my summer and if there’s one thing I've learned this season, it’s that you should always be open to new things and experiences.

When travelling, Always keep an open mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment