Tuesday, July 2

No Leftovers Please!

I hate throwing leftovers. There are people out there scavenging for food and starving to death, and some are just unconcerned and putting food to waste. My heart breaks every time I see kids sleeping on cold pavements, and knocking on car windows begging for food. So, every time I eat out and I can't finish my meal, I ask for a takeaway bag and give it to vagrants roaming the streets. They'll be more than happy to finish it for me.

If I'm at home and there are leftovers in the fridge, I deconstruct them and transform them into another dish or just make something else to compliment it instead of just letting food go down the drain. In today's case, I had some leftover Aglio Olio from yesterday. I decided to pair it with Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops to give my meal an "All Italian" feel.



PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS


Ingredients:
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup Italian breading (if you can’t find that in the supermarket, you can use a mixture of breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning)
2-3 slices pork chop (deboned)
1 egg (beaten)
2 tbsp olive oil

Steps:
1.       Coat the chops in Parmesan cheese. Tap excess.
2.       Dip in egg until well coated.
3.       Coat with Italian breading.
4.       Heat olive oil in a pan.  Pan fry chops until golden brown. 5 minutes on each side.

 And if you still have leftovers (which I highly doubt), you can always make it into a Frittata!


BUON APPETITO!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I always eat everything on my plate, or get a doggy bag to go when eating out. It's something that my mom taught me when I was younger. Your food sounds lovely, I might try it with chicken or fish. xx

    www.diningincebu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Never let food go to waste! You can try this with chicken breast and top it with tomatoes. YUM!

      Delete